Sunday, March 18, 2012

Christmas Eve of 2010 and I was just craving for that Ensaymada that I used to order somewhere in San Juan or Mandaluyong. It's not the supermoist supercheesy kind. It's the one you only have during Christmas that has a lot of queso de bola as the topping. So I search in my Nora Daza cookbook for that one I remember reading about. It took me at least four hours to knead, shape and bake. Quite satisfying, but not the one I wanted. So I went to search it in the internet. Tried several ones from you tube and other sites for weeks. I finally found that one closest to it in this link It was airy, soft, cheesy and sweet after tweaking it by adding moooore sugar, another flavor of cheese - some parmesan, a bit of salt and some salted butter and some butter and some more butter. So I rolled the bread over some sugar and one huge bite left me dumbfoundedly satisfied....made me go Mad actually!!

No comments:

Post a Comment